An example of a possible pedagogy could include these elements:
• Fourteen hours (less or more depending on the need and credit requirements) of recorded video by experts in the field of study
• Weekly reading assignments
• Detailed web pages, including learning objectives and directed study questions
• On-going, threaded, on-line asynchronous discussion boards;
• The option for a weekly, moderated on-line chat room; and
• The option for in-house live day-long seminars throughout the course.
Depending on the material offered, our professors include full-time law professors, practicing lawyers, full-time psychology professors, practitioners of both law and psychology, and several professors with dual degrees (law and psychology; law and social work; law and medicine; law and social relations). Students are placed in sections of 15-20 students, under the supervision of a professor who moderates the chat rooms, runs the live seminars, monitors the bulletin boards and grades the written work.